Happy July. Here's a hundred degrees...

Well it has been quite an exciting time for us here in Houston. The mosquitoes are launching a full scale attack and the heat is quite unbearable at times, but we continue onward day by day. After we returned exhausted from our trip, I realized that I had a midterm in one week (covering half of my class and 50% of the final grade).and I hadn't yet opened the book to look at the class material. To make things worse, the three hour exam was on my birthday. So those days were kind of a blur. Friday I stayed late at work and on Saturday (my birthday) I had to go in early to work instead of being able to study. Somehow, though, I got through it and by the afternoon I was ready to relax.
   For dinner, we went to Dharma Cafe, a classy little restaurant downtown that had some of the most excellent food I've had - they make all of their noodles and blueberry scones in house, and you have to love a place like that, right?
   On the way back, we talked about playing some game when we got home. So when we went upstairs to try the wii....I had a surprise party waiting for me!  I really had no idea - I had plenty of signs but was just so distracted the week before. The party included karaoke and some passion fruit sorbet. Thanks guys for an amazing time.
   Sid also remembered my birthday because one day many months ago at a dinner Lorie took his blackberry and added my birthday into his calendar.
   Since then, things have been much more peaceful. Work is going better (no trips planned for a little while) and we have a good ward here. Lorie is getting big and ready to pop. We all had dinner at the country club tonight -  prime rib with some horseradish sauce. Delicious, but not quite as good as the Tesco brand horseradish in the UK.

--
Manny Camacho

0 comments:

what people eat

what people do

what people say

what people believe