NPR = awesome

...or something like that. I just thought it was time to pay homage to the best program available on the airwaves. People will say it has a liberal bias, and others will say it has a conservative bias - if both are true, then it is doing a good job of reflecting our diversity. What was relatively unknown to me 5 years ago has become a comfort to me in a lonely America. The stories are interesting and not too overbearing (except for when they ask for money =/) My favorite programs by far are "This American Life" and "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me."

Point of this post: I've been listening to the audiobook of "This I Believe" and heard a guy talk about his 50-percent theory of life. I thought it was very interesting and a good representation of the last two months for me. I've had lots of good and bad and just plain neutral days. However, optimist that I am, I tend to believe in a 60-percent theory of life. Cyclical ups and downs, but in the end leaning toward the good. It's that extra bit that makes every moment of life worth savoring.

0 comments:

what people eat

what people do

what people say

what people believe